In 1936 the LMS introduced a 3 plank ballast wagon with drop sides and ends. They built 3160 (see LMS Sole collection) and BR built a further 350. Despite most being unfitted they lasted into the early 80s, a few were air braked and some were rebuilt. NOTE – These photographs are low quality scans and may not print well. Do not order larger prints.