A simple design of steel open wagon with a floor designed to dissipate the heat of hot coils. There were two distinctive designs - the first 35 of 1950 were initially unfitted but later fitted as to appear as the next 15 of 1957. These worked in South Wales. A more robust version of 40 wagons was used in Scotland from 1961. Collection includes detailed photographs.