During and since WW2 the War Department has used Warflat and Warwell wagons to carry tanks and other armoured vehicles etc. Although they can be loaded from end loading banks there were 75 flat wagons which had removable wheelsets/axleguards and buffers which could hinge out of the way. They then lowered the end and used them as a loading ramp. The photographs give the idea. There was no identification at all on the one seen at Newcastle - although clearly not in internal use! They were built 1941 - 2 and just 5 were registered on TOPS MODA95000 - 04.