Introduced in 1957 270 were built, larger than the other BR Iron Ore hoppers at 730 cu ft capacity and vacuum braked. They were for imported ore from Glasgow Central Terminal to Colvilles at Clydebridge, Rutherglen. When the traffic passed to PO bogie tipplers the engineers used some for ballast. Collection includes detailed photographs. NOTE – These photographs are low quality scans and may not print well. Do not order larger prints.
Categories & Keywords
Keywords:BR Iron Ore hopper, Glasgow hoppers, HKV, Iron Ore, Iron Ore hopper, Railway wagon, ZDV