Built during the last months of the GWR they were a modernised version of the 1902 diagram P6 wagons, of welded construction whereas the earlier wagons were rivetted. It seems likely that they were a straight replacement. Photos include some officials at Whatley Quarry well before the 59s took over. See also the BR Herring collection. NOTE – These photographs are low quality scans and may not print well. Do not order larger prints.