Originally built as a Third Open by the LMS Derby in 1929 on lot 431 (from Plates) as 2924.
According to Vintage Carriage site it was converted to Ambulance Ward Car c1939, captured 1940 by German forces in France; recaptured 1945. Initially preserved in 1970 Longmoor: Eastleigh 1971-3; Cranmore. National Army Museum 1990: MoDAD storage 1991. By 6/07 body deteriorated further, now sheeted over. For sale - reported 04/11 that may be going to Quedgeley, Gloucestershire, for renovation. However, to Rowsley (Peak Rail) by 09/11: here, eventual restoration to Ambulance Car conditon is planned (albeit in LMS livery).
Note the ferry ties.
© Paul Bartlett's Photographs