This wagon was seen in internal use at Lackenby steelworks. The frame is from a Scottish Oils wagon built in 1921 and the barrel is typical of a rivetted construction used during WW2. It is known that some SMBP tanks were damaged by enemy action, and this may have been one of them.
Typically for a Class A tank, it has a pair of red Shell logos on one side and a pair of green BP shields on the other.
© Paul Bartlett's Photographs