Large numbers of Warflats were built towards the end of the Great War. Many were sold off to the Companies and the MR had 412 which were converted to bogie bolsters. They were on page 19 of the LMS Special diagram book, 410 remained on BR at the end of 1951. Some detail photographs of two in internal use.
The Warflat name is from WW2, the official name during WW1 was PARROT, which confusingly was used for the very different long case wagons of WW2.
Keywords:Bogie Boster B, Railway wagon, WW1, Warflat
© Paul Bartlett's Photographs